Are your current PPC campaigns a bit slow in conversions? If so, your PPC marketing strategy probably needs a few tweaks to achieve maximum ROI.
For a business owner, it can be overwhelming to go through all the strategies and methods used in PPC advertising. So to help you out, we outlined here 10 of the most effective tips that you can implement in your campaigns.
Whether you’re aiming to boost your website traffic, generate leads, or increase sales, these tips will surely help. Read on and see how you can apply it to your campaigns.
Paid search strategies you should consider
If your current paid online advertising strategy isn’t working, fret not! Pay-per-click campaigns are always a work in progress and it’s only a matter of fine-tuning your campaigns to maximize your spending and returns. Here are a few that we recommend:
1. Review your budget allocation
Budget is one of the crucial aspects of PPC services and proper allocation can make a world of difference in your conversions. You may need to reallocate the budget to your high-performing campaigns and keep smaller spending for lagging ones.
At the same time, make sure you review your competitor metrics and spending to have an idea about what works best for your niche.
With careful budget management paired with optimization efforts, your PPC strategy will be successful in no time.
2. Refine your audience targeting
The next thing you have to do is assess and re-focus your audience targeting. This way, you’ll maximize your campaign’s profitability and ensure that your ads will reach their intended market. For starters, here are the steps you can take:
- Use audience segmentation. You should divide your target audience based on their specific demographics and search behavior. It can be their age, location, gender, past interactions with your ads, and so on.
- Consider interest-based targeting. In relation to segmentation, you should identify your target audience’s interests to ensure that your ads match what they could be looking for.
- Test different ad formats. Don’t hesitate to experiment with different ad formats like text, videos, display ads, interactive, and so on. This way, you can stand out among your competitors and capture the attention of your target market.
- Utilize remarketing. You should also launch retargeting campaigns to re-engage with users who have previously interacted with your ads or website. This way, you can possibly convert those who already showed interest in your products or services.
3. Pair PPC with SEO
While pay per click marketing strategy offers instant visibility, it’s only as good as the budget you’re willing to spend. To ensure that you’ll have a consistent flow of sales, you should also explore search engine optimization (SEO).
This way, your website will remain visible on search results even if you don’t have active campaigns. Using PPC and SEO is also a good strategy since paid ads allow you to test your keywords before adding them to your SEO efforts.
While SEO takes time to show results, its effects are long-lasting. You’ll enjoy high traffic and better conversions, which will complement the results you’ll get from paid ads.
But if using these two methods seems overwhelming for you, don’t hesitate to consider the help of PPC management services.
4. Optimize your landing pages
Aside from working on your campaigns, you should also ensure that your landing pages are optimized for conversions. Here are the basic steps you should take:
- Do A/B testing. Make sure you do A/B testing to see which version works best in getting engagements and sales. You should analyze performance data to see what your audience prefers and refine your campaigns from there.
- Use clear CTAs. You also need to implement clear call-to-actions (CTAs), irresistible offers, and compelling copy that will convince your target audience to take action. Make sure your CTAs stand out and are visually attractive to boost clicks.
- Streamline the design. Aside from that, you should also come up with an intuitive and uncluttered design. You should also reduce distractions on the page’s navigation to make sure your target audience will complete your desired actions.
- Work on a faster loading speed. You also need to make sure that your landing pages load fast since most internet users will close the tab if the page takes longer than 3 seconds to show up.
5. Adjust your keyword bids
To create effective advertising strategies for your PPC campaigns, you need to continuously adjust your keyword bidding. It involves regular monitoring and adjustments for optimal results. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Understand keyword match types. Make sure you’re familiar with keyword match types since they will directly affect your click rates and spending. See which one from broad, modified broad, phrase, exact, and negative matches works for your campaigns best.
- Set a realistic budget. You should also decide how much you’re willing to spend on your campaigns. Make sure you set a daily or monthly budget that matches your marketing goals.
- Monitor keyword performance. PPC campaigns are highly measurable in terms of click rates, impressions, conversions, and costs. Make sure you’re abreast of these metrics to see if you’re getting reasonable ROI or if you have to experiment with another strategy.
- Check your quality score. Quality Score dictates how well your ad compares with other advertisers. Make sure you craft relevant ads and efficient landing pages to make your target audience’s purchasing journey much easier.
6. Invest in blogging
Wait, we’re talking about paid ads, right? What’s blog got to do with it? Let us explain.
With a blog integrated into your landing page, you can keep your target users engaged over time. It will also help you segment your users, which will be valuable data for your next campaigns.
While it’s not widely used yet, content marketing as part of PPC can be a profitable strategy. It helps keep your audience interested if they’re not yet ready to take action. Over time, it can drive you more leads and conversions.
7. Maximize ad scheduling
With ad scheduling, you can show your advertisements to the target audience during peak times. This will enhance your visibility and directly improve your click rates and conversions.
For this, you need to understand peak performance times for your specific ads and niche. Also, you should adjust your bids for specific time slots to ensure that every dollar spent will yield excellent ROI.
If you’re targeting audiences worldwide, make sure you consider time zones as well. You should adjust your ads based on their local times to boost their performance.
8. Track performance metrics
To check if you’re maximizing your PPC spending, you should always track and monitor your campaign’s metrics. Make sure you know your click-through rates (CTRs), cost per conversion (CPC), conversion rate, and more.
This way, you can assess whether your PPC campaigns are yielding reasonable results in relation to your budget. It will also give you a solid idea if your strategies are working or if you have to shift to a new method.
Mistakes to avoid when launching PPC campaigns
- Poor keyword selection. Keywords are the main foundation of every PPC campaign. It’s important that you conduct in-depth keyword research and selection to ensure that the keywords you’ll bid on align with your brand and target audience.
- Overlooking negative keywords. Negative keywords are equally important when setting up your PPC campaigns. Make sure you add negative keywords to your campaign to ensure your ads won’t be triggered by irrelevant queries.
- Not using ad extensions. Ad extensions add more information to your advertisements, which makes them more engaging and compelling.
- Not optimizing for mobile. Take note that 60% of all online searches are now done in mobile devices. This is why you should optimize your campaigns for mobile searches, especially your landing pages.
- Not testing. There’s no perfect PPC campaign, so it’s always important to continuously adjust, optimize, and refine your campaigns to get the maximum results.
PPC advertising is a powerful and profitable method for almost every business. But for it to yield good results, you need to continuously refine and experiment with various strategies.
If this sounds like an overwhelming task for you, don’t hesitate to ask the help of professional PPC services. They will ensure that you’ll get the best possible ROI for your budget.
Aside from that, you should perform in-depth competitor research to see what strategies your competitors are using. From there, you can craft better campaigns that will get more clicks and higher conversions.